Mount Kilimanjaro climbs feels successfull following some immunizations, please go through them below;
- Tetanus-Diphtheria, Polio, MMR
- Meningitis, Hepatitis A and B: Recommended. Ask your physician/travel clinic for advice.
- Yellow Fever: Required by some African countries, or by Western countries on your return. Get it, you may need to show your shot record with the Yellow Fever endorsement.
- Cholera: Not a very effective vaccine. Ask your physician/travel clinic for advice.
- Rabies and Typhoid: Not a bad idea to be on the safe side
- Malaria: We are above the Malaria zone on the mountain, but bring long sleeves and bug juice for evenings in Moshi and Arusha. To be on the super safe side, get Larium from your doctor, since there is Chloroquine-resistant malaria in Tanzania. If you plan on traveling at lower elevations in Africa, especially near the coast, then malaria chemoprophylaxis is highly recommended.
- Consult a travel clinic